Spring Admissions Mini-Open House
- Apr 14, 2019
- By Mike Hatfield
- In Powhatan News
- Comments Off on Spring Admissions Mini-Open House
Take advantage of this great opportunity specifically designed for parents considering a Powhatan School education for their children.
Learn HOW we Instill a Lifelong Love of Learning:
Join us in the Makerspace for a unique morning of learning HOW:
- How we create amazing learning opportunities for students focused on problem solving, critical thinking, and collaboration in the Makerspace.
- How we personalize your child’s education, utilizing a highly personalized approach to differentiation in both Math and Language Arts.
- How an accelerated curriculum and enrichment opportunities provide for challenging and engaging learning environment.
- How we infuse cross-curricular learning across grade levels into the curriculum.
- How Project-Based Learning (PBL) is deployed within the curriculum and what PBL looks like in our classrooms.
- How the NEAL Program (Nature Enhanced Approach to Learning) provides for real world engaging science on our 64-acre wooded campus.
- How we approach the 5 C’s of 21st Century Learning. (5 C’s: Critical Thinking, Creativity, Communication, Collaboration, & Character)
- How and Why a Whole Child approach to education matters.
- How we learn not for school, but for life.
Mini-Open House Details:
Join us at 9 a.m. for a morning of exploring HOW a Powhatan Education is different. Spend the morning in the Makerspace engaging with our team as you learn how our school community approaches the topics above and much more. Plan for:
- Engaging conversations about HOW we approach teaching and learning.
- A walking tour of the Powhatan School campus.
- Schedule a personal conversation with a school administrator to discuss the next steps to enrolling your child.
Schedule a Campus Tour:
You can’t make it to campus on May 15th? No problem, we give tours almost daily at 9:45 a.m. Click on the button below to schedule your own personalized campus tour:
Here at Powhatan we believe education should inspire passion, curiosity, and creativity. We believe learning should be active, authentic, immersive, and purposeful. We do this through interdisciplinary thinking, technical acuity, collaboration, and inquiry-based learning.
Powhatan School is fully accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS) and serves more than 250 students in Grades Pre-K through Eight (PK-8). Our students hail from 7 different counties in Virginia and West Virginia.
- Our Twitter feed is currently unavailable but you can visit our official twitter page @PowhatanSchool.