Service is one of the five pillars of our mission.
On May first, Powhatan students and guests gathered on Crocker to celebrate Earth Day and honor our friend and past board president, JT Anderson. With the help of community partners, students from Pre-K through eighth grade joined forces to beautify and restore the Conservancy, while enjoying the day of service surrounded by friends, and living the part of our mission to foster the understanding that service to others creates a better world for all.
- We seek excellence by recognizing the uniqueness of each individual and expecting members of the community to strive for their personal best.
- We display civility by honoring the value of each person and treating others with courtesy and consideration.
- We live with integrity by instilling a love of honesty and an enduring sense of responsibility.
- We promote respect by realizing our responsibility to all people and the environment, locally and globally.
- We encourage service by fostering the understanding that service to others creates a better world for all.