Ann Kiernan Robb
Upper School Coordinator, English Chair, Upper School English Teacher
Ann is a native of Washington D.C., graduating from Holton-Arms School in Bethesda, Maryland. Prior to Powhatan, she worked in the Promotions & Public Relations Division of National Geographic Television. She is married to Tom Robb and is the mother of Powhatan graduates Kevin (’05) and Dillon (’07). Currently, Ann and Tom reside in Winchester.
Some Highlights of her career include:
* Collaborating with and learning alongside professional and talented colleagues
* Working with Powhatan middle school students who love to learn
* Befriending members of the Powhatan community
* Mentoring under Sue Scarborough, Dick Bell, Laura Robb, Paula Myer
* Completing the Reading Specialist graduate program at University of Virginia
* Writing professionally for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
* VAIS: Serving as Co-Chair, Powhatan Self Study and Accreditation
* Attending the Stanley H. King Counseling Institute
Travel, running, hiking, backpacking, music, reading, writing, health/gym.
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view…until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” -Harper Lee
- Our Twitter feed is currently unavailable but you can visit our official twitter page @PowhatanSchool.