Chair, Music Department; Lower School Music Teacher
Paula graduated with honors from Kent State and Shenandoah University. She has been married for 46 years, and she has 4 married children and 16 grandchildren.
Her music and dance background includes:
- Youngest member of the Cleveland, Ohio Cecchetti Ballet Company
- Concertmaster of the Kent State University Orchestra and 1st violinist in the Faculty/Student String Quartet.
- Danced in and played violin for many musicals at Kent State University
- Music substitute teacher at the American School in Manila, Philippines
- Member of the Manila Symphony and the Philippine Philharmonic (professional orchestras) from 1968-1970
- Member of a professional Ballet Company in Manila, Philippines 1968-1970
- Music teacher at Sterling Park Middle School and Powhatan School in areas of singing, strings, dance, recorder, handchimes, and Orff instruments
- Private violin, viola, guitar, and dance teacher (Intermittent over 48 years)
- Ballet, tap, jazz, and guitar instructor for Community Arts programs in Oregon and at Shenandoah University
- Member of the Mormon Choir of Washington D.C. for several years
- Church choir director and music chairman (Intermittent over 50 years)
Knitting, crocheting, sewing, journaling, doing crossword and regular puzzles, reading, calligraphy, and genealogy
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.” - Plato
“The quality of your work is the measure of your character” - Anonymous
Kindergarten Field Trip to Blandy Farm
March 14, 2019
How do you help new students transition to Powhatan?
March 13, 2019
Oobleck Fun: Non-Newtonian Fluid
March 11, 2019
How Virtual Reality changes and challenges a traditional middle school learning experience
February 28, 2019
February 27, 2019
- Our Twitter feed is currently unavailable but you can visit our official twitter page @PowhatanSchool.