Powhatan is a community dedicated to cultivating in our learners the knowledge, creativity, and character to thrive and contribute in an ever-changing world.
- We seek excellence by striving for our personal best, learning in community, and recognizing the unique identities, talents, and perspectives of each individual.
- We display civility by honoring the value of each person, listening with empathy, and engaging others with courtesy and consideration.
- We live with integrity by seeking truth and by cherishing honesty, humility, and an enduring sense of responsibility to ourselves and our community.
- We promote respect by reflecting on our actions, realizing our responsibility to ourselves, to others, and in caring for our surroundings and our community.
- We value service by recognizing the learning, growth, and purpose that come from working together to make a better world for all.
Powhatan’s vision is educational excellence defined by extraordinary people and learning environments: where students are equipped with the skills and opportunities to be independent learners; where educators teach and innovate collaboratively and creatively; and where the outdoors and surrounding communities are powerful contexts for learning, leadership, and service.
- Put People First in Learning
- Make Learning Meaningful and Relevant On and Beyond our Campus
- Integrate Leadership and Character Development in Student Learning
- Cultivate Belonging through Shared Values
- Develop Strategies to Sustain Our Program for the Long Term