Tuition & Fees 2023–2024
Chromebooks (Grade 5)
*due with application
**due with Enrollment Agreement by 3/1/23
Tuition Payment Plans
Single Payment: Due by August 1, 2023
Two Payment: 60% due by August 1, 2023; balance due by December 1, 2023
Monthly Payment: 10 equal payments due on the first of each month from July 1, 2023 through April 1, 2024. A service fee of 5% applies.
Powhatan draws students from seven different counties and two states. To assist families with transportation needs, we offer bus transportation across the region. Transportation is an additional cost, please contact the Business Office for information.
General information about our bus routes is listed below.
- Winchester City Route (mainly downtown and south of Winchester, includes Shenandoah University)
- Winchester City Route (skirts the perimeter of Winchester, includes Valley Health Childcare Center)
- Route 7 Route (farthest stop is Purcellville @ Carlyle and Anderson, also stops in parts of Berryville)
- Charles Town Route (farthest stop is Panera Bread in Ranson, WV, also stops in parts of Berryville)
- Middleburg/Upperville Route (also stops in White Post)
It is a long-standing policy of Powhatan that the cost of an independent school education should not be a deterrent to any prospective student or family. The school, therefore, offers need-based financial aid in the form of direct grants to all applicants. Admission and financial aid are two separate processes. Applying for financial aid has no bearing on the Admission Committee’s decision regarding acceptance into the school.
- For the 2022–2023 school year, Powhatan awarded over $370,000 in financial aid to about 20% of the student body.
- Powhatan School’s average grant was nearly $6,000.
- The Financial Aid Application deadline for families wishing to apply for financial aid consideration is February 15, 2023.
- Notification of financial aid grants for new students will be on March 5, 2023.