In 2013, Powhatan School created the Lamp Society to thank and recognize the generous donors whose bequests and legacy gifts continue to expand our mission that ‘we learn not for school but for life’.
We would be delighted to welcome you as a member of The Lamp Society. Members have no on-going obligations, such as dues or time commitments, but they show a passionate commitment to the ongoing success of Powhatan School.
Simply let us know of your interest to include Powhatan School in your estate plans by completing the Lamp Society Membership Form below (or if you prefer mail, simply print out this page), so we can celebrate your passion for the school and ensure that your wishes are met. Contact us directly to discuss your plans or learn more.
Giving opportunities include listing Powhatan School as a beneficiary:
- of a bequest through your Will or Trust
- on a life insurance policy
- in an IRA or a retirement plan
- of a charitable remainder trust or similar vehicle
- Appreciated securities
- of other available options
Your membership in The Lamp Society will help us ensure that Powhatan’s legacy continues.
Powhatan School salutes the generosity and support of this very special group of Powhatan supporters.
- Sally H. Ashbridge*
- Susi C. Bailey ’61
- Laura N. Dabinett, MD
- Thomas T. ’67 and Jean Gilpin
- Susan P. Golladay
- Susan C. Lee
- Charlie McIntosh ’71 and Sandra McIntosh
- Virginia Page Mitchell ’64
- Virginia Watkins (Gin) Mitchell*
- Peggy Mahaney Rhoades ’54 and Stephen Rhoades
- Susan and Cary Scarborough
- Amy O’Neil Sluss
- Michael A. Smith
- David Wiedemer
The material presented on this Planned Giving website is not offered as legal or tax advice.